The Dr. Appt:
I am aware that sometimes my OB has long waits but I thought this was ridic, so I will share. Also, I was proud of myself for not being a total angry bitch after waiting so long.
First, my appt was at 2:45pm. I was taken into the exam room at 3:30pm. I sat naked for 45 mins before I ever saw the Dr. So, luckily I didn't plan on going back to work after the appt. Geez.
Remember I have already had an HSG and my H an SA. Everything came back wonderful and normal. Fast forward to now. She says it has been a year and it is time to be aggressive. According to her with everything coming back normal and my long irregular cycles she believes it is an ovulation issue. Her two options were doing Clomid with her or moving on to the RE upstairs. I asked her what all goes into the Clomid and how it works. She told me I would have an ultrasound before starting Clomid to make sure I don't have any cysts on my ovaries, then I would take Clomid cycle days 5-9 and come in for a 7DPO blood draw. Then if I were to get pregnant that I would come in immediately for an ultrasound to make sure it was not an ectopic or tubal pregnancy. At that moment I told her that I would like to try a round of Clomid with her and if that is unsuccessful I would like to move on to the RE.
I am overwhelmed to say the least. I am aware of all the extreme side effects (she brought them up too).
After I left the appt, talked to F, my mom and googled and over analyzed all night......
Now I am not feeling so sure about what to do. Ultimately it is our decision and no one can tell us what we should do. I just feel like shit just got real. I knew I would feel this way once it was time for treatment.
Half of me says just go with the flow one more cycle and if it doesn't work go to the RE the other half of me says fuck it go to the RE now.
Decisions decisions. Today I need to decide if I will do this Clomid with her or go ahead and schedule an appt with the RE.
I have a lot of other things on my mind that I would like to share regarding being a woman having trouble trying to conceive. Hopefully I will find time to post on that soon.
I also have wondered for sometime, when do I consider myself in the "trouble trying to conceive" group. I know now, that we are there. We are having trouble. I have been afraid to *think* I am in the TTTC and then be told that I am not, by women on TB. <----That last sentence makes me sounds really stupid.
Updated to add: In case anyone is curious on costs. Walgreens already filled my RX and it will be $116 for the Clomid.


I don't think you're stupid. What TTTC to one person isn't the same to the next. However, I wouldn't flame you for going to that board.
ReplyDeleteYou're right about your decision to do clomid with the OB vs. RE. It's completely your decision. I would STRONGLY encourage you to go straight to the RE (based on what we've learned on TB) but I will support you no matter what you decide and HOPE and PRAY that you get that baby soon no matter what!
Good luck today on your decision making! Tough one!
Thank you, Sabrina! :) I truly appreciate your kind words!
DeleteSorry about the long wait with your dr. I moved over to TTTC when I started with my RE mainly because I knew I'd have a lot of questions and the ladies over there have actually been through all of it. They were very welcoming so I don't think you should be nervous if you want to post over there. :)
ReplyDeleteI also recommend going to your RE for treatment. It sounds like your OB has no plans of truly monitoring you on Clomid and that can be scary. But of course, that is your decision only. Good luck!!!
Hi Laylarue! Thank you for the comment and advice.
DeleteI really should intro on TTTC. :)
I did put a call in to my doctor's office this morning. I left a message asking about the ultrasound before Clomid to check for cysts and mid-cycle monitoring. If she says she won't do it then I plan to go to the RE. I don't feel comfortable not having it with all that I have learned from TB.