:::blows dust off keyboard:::
This post includes details of my miscarriage incase you want to stop reading now...
It finally happened, I am now on the other side. THANK GOODNESS!!
I wanted to briefly post on my experience in case I ever want to look back on how this went down andplusalso if it helps anyone else.
On 10/18 we found out that we most likely had a missed m/c, you can read about it here. On 10/23 we confirmed missed m/c, you can read that here.
As I said in my previous post above, we decided to wait it out and miscarry naturally. Well nothing happened. Fast forward to 11/12, the RE had us come in for an appt that day. We were told on 10/23 that if nothing happened by our appt on 11/12 that it would be time to discuss other options due to the risk of infection and other issues. Prior to the appt F and I had decided to try the pills to induce m/c. I wanted to avoid surgery if possible for various reasons.
We went on 11/13 at 8am to have the Cytotec pills inserted. I was told to not go to work due to cramping. So I went home and waited and waited and waited. Around 10am I began cramping but nothing too bad. I started to bleed but didn't pass anything. Nothing on Wednesday. I was told to call within 48 hours if I didn't think it worked and we could try the 2nd dose. Thursday we go in at 8am for the 2nd dose and this time I went back to work. BIG mistake, HUGE. I will spare you details but I was passing a lot and bleeding very heavily with much heavier cramps than Tuesday. I left work early to go back to the Dr. for them to check if I passed the sac. Nope, I hadn't but it had gotten much lower, I was dilated, and it seemed like my body would take care of this and the medicine was working. After I left the Dr. it was like everything stopped.
So, I had to return to the Dr. office on Friday 11/16 to confirm that it was still there and to schedule the D&C. Of course the sac was still there, so we scheduled the D&C for 11/20, the following Tuesday.
The whole weekend nothing happened besides some barely there spotting but no cramps, nothing really.
Fast forward again to Monday at 1am. I am woken up in the middle of the night to cramps but was able to go back to sleep. I wake up again around 4:30 am to excruciating cramping and heavy bleeding. I had the heating pad, could not sit still, and the cramps just kept getting worse. I then started vomiting and having the sweats. I was freaked the fuck out. I waited it out as long as I could and until the Dr.'s office opened at 8am. We were waiting for them to call us back and I told F I can't wait anymore, I am ready to go to the ER. The Dr. called us back on the way there and instructed us to do the same, head to the ER. At the ER they gave me Zofran and Morphine. I felt so much better. Anyways I eventually saw my Dr., turns out now my body was deciding to miscarry naturally.
Dr. H told me that we are cancelling the D&C because at this point it could cause more harm than good. I was in disbelief because I was now at the point where I had accepted that my body failed me again and was prepared for surgery. The sac was still there but much lower. I stayed home Tuesday to rest and because I was still experiencing some unpleasant cramping. I was also afraid of this to happen at work. So, Tuesday I passed the sac. I wasn't sure how I would handle it because through all this cramping and bleeding I never got emotional. Well that went out the window when the most important part of this experience happened. All of the sudden I was extremely emotional that this was my baby. :( I broke down.
I will go back to the Dr. in 6 weeks or after my next cycle to confirm that my uterine cavity is healing properly.
I am thankful that this part is over. With that said if I ever have to go through this horrible experience again I don't think I will choose to wait or the pills. Trying to heal and grieve a situation while waiting for it to happen was the worst feeling.
Now to move on. I am still working on that.
Ok, so, this turned out to be quite long. Oops, sorry. Well, it is a looong story.



you are so incredibly strong for telling your story. I think a lot of women (myself included) can benefit. I'm glad that you are physically healing. I hope the mental comes for you too. I <3 you and pray for you and F all the time. I'm always here if you need! You are so strong!!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, <3! :)
ReplyDelete