I started writing this post last weekend and some more during last week but have been unable to post. There has just been so much going on. I am in a wierd place and have been staying away from the bump and blogging in general. To be honest I haven't even had the time to think about TTC.
8 days after Ricky we had another unexpected death.
8 days after Ricky we had another unexpected death.
On February 22nd we lost a Beautiful Soul.
A Houston Legend.
Her family is considered the first Family of Salsa in Houston.
We lost our Salsa Queen.
She was a performer, singer, guitarist, songwriter, daughter, sister, a wife, and a mother.
She was so full of love. She loved everyone. No matter what. She held NO judgments and welcomed every person with open arms.
Her smile lit up every room.
Norma has always been a second mom to me. I called her Momma #2, as Angie calls my mom the same. When our moms were together we called them "the moms".Norma is my dear bestfriend Angie's Mother.
My heart is broken. I can not believe she is gone.
R.I.P. Sweet Angel
1952-2013
1952-2013
![]() |
| A few of my favorite old pictures of Norma. |
I can't understand it. More than anything my heart is broken for Angie, her brothers, Norma's mom, and Norma's brothers. I just can NOT even imagine the pain they feel. I can't.
I mentioned a few posts back of someone very close to me getting diagnosed with breast cancer at the end of last year, that was Norma. And now she is gone. It was very sudden. 8 days after her first Chemo treatment she was gone.
I don't understand. I never will.
I am thankful for the time I had with Norma.
I am trying my best to be strong for Angie. I don't want to be sad/upset in front of her. It's so hard. I know there is nothing I can say or do to make the pain any less or make the situation any better. I am just being there and calling and texting.
We had a benefit planned for Norma to help with money since she would not be able to preform for sometime due to treatment. The benefit was planned for the Sunday after she passed. As her family and she always said, "the show must go on" and it did. The benefit turned into a tribute to her life. It was AMAZING. The best thing I have ever been a part of. The event started at 3 and we were at capacity before 4 with a line wrapped around the building. Some people waited over an hour to get in. The news was there. The Texas Grammy president was there and spoke about her. It was just beautiful!
Her death and benefit have been covered by every news channel we have here. Houston LOVED Norma. She will never be forgotten and will forever be in our hearts.

I'm so sorry for your loss Nicole! I'm sending lots of hugs your way!!
ReplyDelete