I did end up getting a call back from the nurse at my OB's office yesterday evening at 5:50pm.
My questions in the voicemail were as follows:
Will I have an ultrasound prior to taking the clomid? When should I schedule that? How will we know if I am responding to the med or over responding? ---- My message was longer than that and more explanatory than this but you get the point.
This is how our conversation went...
Nurse: "Hi. Sorry for calling you back so late. I have the answers to your questions."
Me: "ok, great"
Nurse: "You will come in for an ultrasound to check for cysts after you take the Clomid."
Me: "I thought the Dr. said something about coming in for an ultrasound before starting the Clomid?"
Nurse: "Yes, you will come in after you take the medicine for ultrasound."
ooookkkkkayyyyyyy. I didn't feel the need to argue with her. My decision was already made. She is just now confirming 100% that I made the right decision.
Me: "ok"
Nurse: "We will check how you are responding with a CD 21 blood draw. That will tell us for sure that you ovulated and that is how we know if you responded or not."
Me: "Ok. Thanks."
Nurse: "If you have any more questions feel free to call back."
No thanks.
If I am 100% honest with myself. I have not liked this Doctor or her staff since my first visit. I have been trying to over look it because she was recommended to me by my GP that I love.
I always wait for a really long time, which is fine, but once I see the Dr. I am rushed in and out. She cuts me off while I am trying to talk or ask questions. And when she cuts me off it has nothing to do with what I am currently saying or asking. She has horrible reviews online.
I also forgot to mention when I went to my appt Tuesday the nurse argued with me that my period was late. She told me we need to take a pregnancy test. She came up with this information based on when my last period was. "Your period is late. You have not had one in 30 days." Why not ask me how long my cycles normally are before telling me my period is late. I was so annoyed that when she took my BP it was really high. They made her retake my BP after I met with the Dr.
I need a new OB. I guess I need to start asking around.
I realized last night that I made my decision way before even giving the Nurse a chance to call me back. I need to be an advocate for my own health.
Special shout out: Thank you so much to Sabrina and Laylarue for all the support!!! It means so much!!
I hate that you had to go through that frustration with your OB. I was in the same boat as you with mine. So now I'm thinking when I get KU I'm still going to find a new OB after I get released from my RE. You have to trust your gut feeling. Can't wait to hear about your RE appt!
ReplyDeleteI'm with L! You have to trust your gut with this stuff. I can't wait to hear about your RE appt too!
ReplyDelete