My World

My photo
Texas, United States
Hi. You have stumbled across my secret blog. This is my out. If you happen to find this blog and know me in real life then SHHH! This blog contains extremely personal shit. My name is Nicole. F and I are 27. Married in 2011, on our 3 year Anniversary. Here is our story.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

2nd U/S- Didn't go well...

                                                       
I had my 2nd u/s today. I expected to feel more at ease after this one. WRONG. These people are really fucking freaking me out. Fuck.
Last week she told me I was 7 weeks based on LMP. Well I knew that was wrong because of my long ass cycles, opk's, and what I know from monitoring my cycles for the last year! Well of course when she did the u/s, she was like well you look 4-5 weeks. Yea, based on opk's that is what I thought- 4weeks. Last week she also said "if it isn't bigger next week, then we should be worried."
So here I am this week thinking I am 5 weeks now. We do the ultrasound. The first lady doing it was in training. That is not a good idea for my over analyzing worrier self. That B couldn't find anything!!! I started panicking! WTF. So then the other lady said "let me do it". Thank goodness! Ok so we see it. She says "well you are measuring at 6 weeks, but we don't see a heartbeat". My heart drops. What?! No! I said "you are freaking me out". Then she goes on to tell me that they are used to knowing exactly how far along the women they treat are. I get that. I told her that based on my positive ovulation test, that I am about 5 weeks. She said she was going to go talk to the Dr. and let me know what he says. She comes back and says that "we need to focus on the fact that it grew and to come back next week and if we don't see a heartbeat, THEN it is time to be worried." Too late for that, I cried as soon as we got in the car and started googling. 

I just feel like I am in limbo. I don't know what to think. I just keeping telling myself that I am doing all I can for this baby to grow and be healthy. Everything else is out of my control. 

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry they are worrying you! Try to stay calm right now. I'm not an expert on this, but if you are 5 weeks like you think you are then it is probably too early to hear a heartbeat. If you are not comfortable with this doctor then I would get a second opinion. There is no need for them to worry you your whole pregnancy. I'm just like you with the worry so I hope they can get their crap together next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!!! :)
      Luckily, I won't be with them the whole pregnancy. This is at the RE.

      Delete
  2. Don't fret. I know it's easier said than done. They both sound like morons. And remember, you had a looooong cycle and O'd late. They probably aren't used to that - I've found a lot of medical professionals still use that damn CD14 for ovulation. Stupid. You know better. I'll say extra prayers - but I believe in my heart that every thing is going to be just FINE! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so totally right!!!! I know my body better than those B's!!! Thank you so much!! :)

      Delete