I created this blog to have a place to vent about our TTC journey. I have been too afraid to start it, I am not sure why. (the blog that is)
My husband & I have been TTC our first child since October 2011. We are currently on the 8th cycle in 11 months. Yea, long cycles fucking suck a big one. I stopped taking BCP at the end of September 2011. I never thought this would be easy for me. I am not sure why, but I have always had this feeling that I would not just get pregnant & have a baby. Easy. My husband on the other hand thought as soon as I stopped BCP. BAM, pregnant, baby. I wish, honey, I wish. I know it can take up to a year for your cycle to regulate after BCP. AND, I was on it for 14 years, BUT plenty of women stop BCP & fall pregnant almost instantly. Not us. My cycles have been wacky ranging from 72days to 34days to 50days to 45days. I have tried tracking my BBT, cervical mucus, ovulation prediction kits, just going with the flow, sex everyday, sex every other day, aaaaaannnndddd nothing, zero, zilch, nada. The list goes on.
Here I am on day two of cycle 8 in 11 months. :(
My OB referred me to an RE back in April but I was not ready then. I have also had and HSG & my husband a semen analysis, all in April as well. My HSG was perfect & my hubby has super sperm. Whew.<---All per my OB's orders, she wanted to rule those things out early on--since we were not getting pregnant. I am currently waiting for my insurance at my new job to kick in so I can make an appt with my OB for my yearly & hopefully make an appt with an RE. I so ready to find out what is wrong with ME that is keeping us from making our sweet lil baby.
CD 1 was very rough for me this time. I am sure because this cycle will mostly likely end in month 12. I even bought a pack of cigarettes. (I quit smoking in 2009) My sweet hubby didn't dare make a face or ask a question, he just hugged me. Even though I willingly offered an explanation for my horrible choice of a purchase.
“With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
No comments:
Post a Comment