My World

My photo
Texas, United States
Hi. You have stumbled across my secret blog. This is my out. If you happen to find this blog and know me in real life then SHHH! This blog contains extremely personal shit. My name is Nicole. F and I are 27. Married in 2011, on our 3 year Anniversary. Here is our story.

Friday, January 25, 2013

CD19- Unorthodox

Today I had my 4th monitoring appt. Dr. H did the u/s this time. The other monitoring appts have just been the ultrasound tech. She measures goes back to talk to the Dr. then comes back to let me know what is up.

Dr. H began by telling me I appear to be a slow grower and am now stalling. He says I am responding poorly to this dose of Clomid.
image

He preformed the u/s and my largest follies are now 14.3 and 14.5 on the same side. Other side is all under 10. Lining looks great.

Dr. H says he is going to be very unorthodox and tell me to trigger today. My RE's office considers follicles mature at 15. (from what I have read/heard every office has a different practice with what they consider mature) He does not think I will get pregnant this cycle, but if I happen to then great.

I am completely OK with triggering even if my follies aren't technically mature.

Why?

Because hopefully it will tell my body to release the egg and I can go on with this cycle. BFN or lucky BFP, I would rather this cycle end in two or so weeks rather than 30 more days.

My natural cycles are anywhere from 43-50 days with O around day 30something. So I would rather O now and get this over with faster so we can move on to the next quicker. At least that is my thought process.

He is also starting me on Metformin. Nope, I don't have PCOS. According to Dr. H, Metformin and Clomid can work together to help with ovulation.
I am to take one 500mg pill once a day for 4 days, if I don't get sick then up to 2 pills a day for 4 days, if I don't get sick then up to 3 pills a day until I am pregnant or 10 weeks pregnant. I can't remember at the moment.

Dr. H also noted that we will increase Clomid to 100mg next cycle and see if I respond to that.

At 9pm tonight I trigger. Eeek. I hope I do well stabbing myself!

This weekend we are going out to celebrate a friends b-day. Thank goodness. I need it. BIG TIME. We are going to a country western dance place. Haha. I know I am from Texas but this bitch can't two-step to save her life. I plan to drink the night away! ;) Neither one of us even own a pair of cowboy/girl boots. Yay for drinks and dancing!



2 comments:

  1. You'll do fine with the trigger! It doesn't hurt at all. Hopefully you'll get a lucky BFP! Have fun this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete