My World

My photo
Texas, United States
Hi. You have stumbled across my secret blog. This is my out. If you happen to find this blog and know me in real life then SHHH! This blog contains extremely personal shit. My name is Nicole. F and I are 27. Married in 2011, on our 3 year Anniversary. Here is our story.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

CD3- Game Plan


As I mentioned in my previous post I met with my RE today. He did a hysteroscopic sonogram to check my uterine cavity, tubes, and ovaries. He was thrilled to report that everything looked excellent! Woot!

The procedure gave me some mild cramping but overall not bad at all. It was very quick. Then we did an internal ultrasound. Everything looked great again.

No cysts. I heard him say I had 12 resting eggs on one side and 10 resting eggs on the other. I am not sure which ovary had which.

Let's call the RE Dr. H, so I can stop calling him the RE or him. haha

After the procedure was complete I went and had a consult with Dr. H. He reviewed my charts and we talked about my cycles. He said it is clear that I have weak ovulation and some cycles where it appears I didn't O at all. F did an SA back in May of last year, with 770 million moving sperm. Dr. H said F has great sperm.

So, the plan is Clomid + TI (timed intercourse). He thinks since F's sperm is so good we shouldn't do IUI at this point. Hopefully this is all we need.

I will start Clomid on CD5 (this Friday) through CD9 (next Tuesday). I am to start OPK's on CD 10 and come in for an ultrasound on CD12 for an ultrasound to check how I am responding. Unless OPK's indicate I should come in sooner for the ultrasound then I will have to call them.

The cost of the cycle is $500.00 in case anyone is wondering. (We are 100% OOP on treatments) I also need to fill the Clomid. I believe it is either $100 or $200 at Walgreen's to fill it. Help me out ladies, Is Walmart the cheapest place to get Clomid with no insurance coverage?? I am new to all this. TIA!

I am very excited and hopeful at this point. I really hope I O before F has to travel again for work or I will have to travel to him so we can bang it out.

 

Wishing and hoping like hell that this is IT for us! I have to stay positive. I am a horrible worry wort and typically see the glass half empty. I am really going to work my hardest on being ultra positive about this cycle. 



3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I'm really excited for you! I don't know about the Clomid since I only took it one cycle. I just filled mine at Walgreens and I don't remember the cost. That is a great count for the SA! FX this cycle!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! We are really excited too!

      I ended up getting the Clomid at Walmart for $9.00. :)

      Delete
    2. $9?!? That's great. I really hope this will work for you guys!

      Delete